Yamaha Bass Guitars
Yamaha, as you would expect makes a lot of guitars, and their Yamaha Bass guitars come in a very wide variety of shapes, sizes, colors, weights and ranges. And when it comes to sound, the type of bass strings, bass bridge and pickups all have a great effect on sound, and this is true with both the acoustic bass and the electric bass guitar.
Please see the pictures below and click on any of the pictures for more details and also how to buy.
Typically, the most commonly bought Yamaha Bass Guitars are the series listed below:-
- BB – The BB series of basses are your classic style, large alder Yamaha’s with the maple bolt-on necks and split-coil pickups. These are a lovely bass and favoured by bass players such as Nathan East, who’s played with guys such as Eric Clapton and Herbie Hancock.
- TRB – The TRB series of bass guitars are made from either maple or alder together with rosewood fingerboards inlaid with dazzling mother of pearl. These come with a 35″ scale. They are available with either 4, 5 or 6 strings. Bass player Tony Kanal, from the band No Doubt is a fan of this series of bass guitars.
Popular TRB models are;- Yamaha TRB 5 and Yamaha TRB 1005.
- RBX – Maple bolt-on neck and fingerboard made from Rosewood. These are very flexible basses because they can be used to play various styles. You can play hip-hop, R&B, hardrock, metal, punk and even pop, while at the same time being one of the best bass guitars you can buy for the money.
- ATT – Billy Sheehan’s trademark sound comes from the DiMarzio pickups he designed into these guitars. Four stringed they have an alder body, maple neck, scalloped fingerboards, a solid brass bridge, two DiMarzio WillPower pickups connected to separate output jacks, and a Hipshot D Tuner give these bass guitars their huge sound.
- Gigmaker – Starter or beginners kits. These 4 stringed bass guitars are a good choice for the beginner because they come with pretty much everything you need to get you up and running. Bass guitar, Bass amp, Guitar strap, cable, etc.
- Yamaha RGX a2 and RGZ
I hope you’ve found my little Yamaha Bass Guitars website helpful and please come back soon because we will be adding more information and pictures soon.